Image by Josephine Wall
Jupiter moved into Scorpio on October 10. As the largest planet in galaxy, we feel the pull of the Jupiter’s power as the opportunity to enlarge, improve and benefit in life. As the largest planet in the galaxy, we’ll feel its pull and power to enlarge, improve and benefit through the specific sign of its placement. Scorpio rules birth, sex, death—or states of transformation.
Scorpio is an intense water sign, mysterious and resourceful. Its strength is willpower and decisiveness, but it doesn’t mind walking on the dark side of life. Scorpio tends to have laser-like vision and sees objects in the dark or on the earth that others miss. In this way, it often reveals truths that otherwise would be hidden.
Jupiter in Scorpio will reveal truths hidden the in subconscious, shadowy aspects of life, and secrets in outer world. Scorpio also rules birth, sex, and death, and regeneration.(The Weinstein sex scandal is a perfect example. It appeared in the news as Jupiter moved into Scorpio, and it involves sex, money, and power. ) Jupiter tends to bring blessings, and the combination of Jupiter and Scorpio lifted a dark event into the light for clearing and change.
The sign of Scorpio is represented by the scorpion, eagle, and phoenix. The three creatures symbolize the progression of Scorpio through the scorpion that lives close to the earth and stings (hurts) anything that threatens. The eagle soars above the earth as a powerful predator; it has powerful vision but remains a hunter. Burned to ashes through emotional intensity, the phoenix rises through the ashes, achieving regeneration through spiritual fire.
Influences and Benefits:
- Scorpio’s decisive ability comes from its power to sense and recognize truth on an intuitive level. Jupiter will expand its power to convey courage and strength. Courage and decisiveness are necessary to move through fear and obstacles on the quest of the soul. (The past two years in Libra focused on seeing both sides of the picture and weighing them carefully.)
- Scorpio rules the void, the “between” states of birth, sex, and death. It can heighten our ability to move into shamanic or enlightened states where the spiritual world dictates the motion of mind, spirit, and body—and reveals the path of the soul. (Hopefully, we’ll return to a more natural, wholesome view of sex. Understand that the “dead” are with us—simply in another world.)
- Spiritual knowledge is heightened by asking questions and solving mysteries. Think of the Zen koan, which asks, “What was your face before you were born?” Scorpio is masterful at solving mysteries associated with the occult, and Jupiter will help us with our journey.
- As part of the Plutonian influence, Jupiter in Scorpio reveals what’s hidden–or we don’t want to see. (I’m not entirely sure if this is good or bad.) At any rate, we have to know the truth to develop spiritually. The big idea behind it lies in developing our ability to see the ugliness and difficulty in life while remaining true to the light. If we remain true to the light and our inner vision, we will go through a transformation, which alters our material reality as well as the self.
- Transformation comes from Scorpio’s ruling planet, Pluto, which rules the underworld. In most mythical systems, it’s necessary to visit the underground to achieve hero status and/or the power to wield extraordinary powers. We’ll travel there during Jupiter’s 13 month sojourn.
It’s a challenging but enlightening combination of energies with Jupiter in Scorpio. Our emotions become stronger, and our passions will become more intense with a need to moderate. But Scorpio can be courageous. It gives resources to delve into the dark and resolve issues on many levels including transforming blocks to material wealth, moving through past obstacles, and understanding what is hidden within us along with the power to change it.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.