Part of awakening involves gaining greater consciousness, which involves increased awareness. Awareness of thought, emotion, and sensation—and their impact on us—can help a great deal in discovering the inner self. In part, awakening is about learning to alter our focus, thoughts, and feelings to raise the level of our consciousness.
Here are a few tips:
- We attract a deeper state of awakening by reflecting on spirituality. Thinking about past experiences–and the feeling of flow and connection—to invoke a spiritual state. This practice engages the awakened self. Also, it literally teaches the mind to replicate higher frequencies. When we think about a spiritual state, we pull the energy into our mind, emotions, and body.
- Thought alters the placement of our consciousness. We can think about problems or focus on solutions. When we focus on harmony or peace, we literally attract it. If we stay with the thought for a few minutes, we receive visuals and memories (if we have experienced the state in the past.) Focusing on positive thoughts invokes a specific state of consciousness. It’s helpful to note the effect of a thought. Does it raise or lower our frequency?
- Emotions come from beliefs, thoughts, sensations, other people, and mass consciousness. Identifying the source of an emotion is incredibly useful—as is identifying patterns. When we center in the heart space, the emotions often cease. (This is known as centering.) The broadcast of strong emotion from others is also diminished. (Many of our emotions are transmitted from others and media.)
- Pull thoughts, emotions, and sensations back into the body to create a state of stillness. We tend to project and broadcast our feelings and thoughts. When stillness comes, focus on light. When possible, send light to others. (When we are still, there is a very subtle flow of energy.)
- Use the imagination positively. Visualize positive events, the sensation of well-being, and an immense well of physical energy. Imagine the opposite of negative experiences or sensations. Imagine pink light (love) moving into the visualization and energizing it positively. (We can check with the body to see how we feel after visualization. Relaxation and expansion are associated with higher consciousness; tension and contraction are associated with lower self.)
- Focusing on the heart leads naturally to a state of love. Universal love helps in vibrating above difficulties in life as well as mass consciousness. It also opens the channel for receiving intuition and higher truth.
- Acts of kindness affect the world. When we help others, raise their consciousness, or send love (and/or peaceful emotions), it raises the vibratory rate of the planet.
Notes: Simply noticing states of consciousness as the presence of thoughts, moods, or beliefs alters the flow of consciousness and brings increased awareness.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants, and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and creating alignment with their inner path.