The “weather” following last weekend’s full moon is softer and less dramatic. For many of us, the full moon awakened subtle energies, which encouraged our inner aspirations. The trick is to continue embracing them—regardless of the planetary energies.
Challenges remain as the planets teach discernment between the ego and inner self. We’re also learning about the difference between programmed global beliefs and the freedom of universal structures. (Big lessons are rarely comfortable although they can bring bliss—when we experience a shift into higher consciousness.)
Sun, Mercury, and Jupiter are in Libra, which can make life seem beautiful and gracious. Sun (life, light) and Mercury (communications) oppose Uranus (quantum field) in Aries, meaning our desire to enjoy and balance life may cause conflict with our inner quest for spiritual growth. In short, it’s important to devote time to meditation and contemplation when many changes are afoot in the outer world.
Mars (action, overall energy) in Capricorn squares Uranus (quantum field, spiritual change) in Aries and conjuncts Pluto (subconscious, transformation) in Capricorn. Its square with Uranus can make for explosive action, or it can bring meditative thought about how our physical/every day actions blend with our spiritual life.
One of the bigger influences is Mars (action, energy) conjunct Pluto (subconscious, transformation.) Mars and Pluto in a close position can bring courage, strength, and power to move forward with goals. As we know, power comes in two forms. It can refer to using manipulation to get our way or throwing resentment, hurt, or anger at others.
It can reveal the darker side of our energy–how we lash out or throw energy. True power involves choosing boundaries, staying on our path, and allowing the universe to work through us. We have to choose between force and strength. True strength brings healing, answers, and benefits the “all”.
Venus sits in Sagittarius, which forms a harmonious energy with Jupiter in Libra. These two energies in combination can bring pleasant and beautiful moments into our lives. Venus in Sagittarius tends to desire movement, philosophical stimulation, and physical activity. (Read esoteric writings and follow with a long walk.)
Jupiter is sextile Saturn, meaning our good beliefs and positive karma, can help in finding a better life and bringing it into form. Saturn trines Uranus, which means positive karmic efforts to follow our soul can aid in bringing big, spiritual realizations into our physical lives. (This is a powerful trine because it means good fortune can result from sustained effort–particularly those based on inner connection.)
Jupiter and Uranus are square Pluto, meaning the large, radical change continues as we examine and create our lives. Jupiter symbolizing good fortune, so we’re discovering how to transcend our limiting beliefs about the goodness in life. Uranus pushes us to realize the importance of spiritual life and Pluto reveals our limiting beliefs and illusions.
- The energy remains a bit erratic with the continuation of Uranus conjunct Eris (the 10th planet of discord), and Mars and Jupiter square Uranus. It makes everything seem unpredictable. (Remember it’s easiest to manifest when life is not completely stable. Uranus does help with the quantum field, so use the energy to focus on big desires.)
- Two T-squares appear before the end of the month. (The first T-square is on Oct 20; the next T-square appears on Oct 23.) T-squares make life feel a bit heavy and frustrating. Fortunately, they pass quickly.
- If we use it wisely, there’s a marvelous aspect with Mars conjunct Pluto. It can truly help in materializing desires and goals. It can give relentless drive and courage. It’s also important to use it wisely by focusing power in a beneficent way. Obviously, the object of the aspect is pursuing a goal from a place of neutrality while allowing the universe to work through us. (On the highest level, this aspect can help with integrating many of the current changes–as well as manifesting dreams.)
- There is much lovely energy in the chart. Nature is spectacularly beautiful with Venus in Sagittarius and Libra in Jupiter. Make time to visit with the loveliness of the world. It helps in awakening the inner self.
- Create a balanced schedule with time for inner and outer work. Spend time observing the self and watching feelings and thoughts. Shift into higher consciousness whenever possible.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants, and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and creating alignment with their inner path.