These are simple steps, which work well with practice. Practicing on a daily basis is the best way of finding inner power, but you can jump in with any of these exercises.
1) Believe in your power to connect with the infinite “good”, which is sometimes known as the akashic field. It is larger than you, holds the answers, and can connect you into a wonderful place. It’s linked with your inner power to change your life. (Changes do not always come as you wish, but they do always create a better life for you.)
2) Recall times of connection when life flowed into place, and you felt a marvelous energy lifting you above your “normal” experiences. When you are in this place, you locate new answers, people react differently, and the process of life takes on new meaning. There is a sensation of fulfillment. (You don’t have to find it “now.” Simply meditating on the feeling can bring in a change.)
3) Meditate outdoors. Nature feels the connection and amplifies it because she is in harmony with the divine. It’s particularly beautiful when the trees and wind move with your breath. It brings a lovely, peaceful feeling.
4) Visualize what you want to experience as opposed to what you don’t want. It’s human nature to focus on the negative which only creates more of the undesirable. It’s fun to think of yourself as a superman/woman with the power to shift the direction of life from negative to positive. It’s possible to alter your life through visualization–and to bring your dreams into physical form.
You can also focus on the feeling of your soul (happiness, joy, comfort) and project this into the present and the future. Your soul knows what you should experience and feel. Besides, few things feel better than this.
5) Change your thoughts and emotions. Every problem is surrounded by repetitive and negative thoughts. (It’s easy to know when you’re experiencing them because your energy level changes.) Repetitive thoughts are accompanied by reactions. It’s important to create a new response. You can speak from your heart, ask what you can learn from the situation, or ask the universe to help you see it differently.
6) See the beauty in life. Take time to slow down, connect with yourself, and focus on finding the beauty and rhythm of life. When you become aware that life moves with a specific rhythm, which can be energizing, you align with the universe. When you align with the universe, the current experience of life will unfold and expand.
7) The last step is a bit different. All of these exercises alter your frequency to a higher place, but you can also become totally present. You can put your awareness in your body, observe your thoughts and feelings, and give thanks for the human experience.
Everything on earth passes through cycles. We feel highs and lows as well as positives and negatives. When we accept this as the human experience, it often fades away. It’s also helpful to learn when your lower emotions and thoughts pass through your consciousness. When you understand the catalyst, the length of time, and cycle, patterns change more quickly and take on a new, higher form.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.
If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.