In the heart chakra, there are the answers that we have searched for all along. We find the answers, little by little, as we change our frequencies. Our frequencies can change very quickly or very slowly, depending on how much we are willing to change our lives. This desire for change is awakened in the heart by joy.
It is the quest of the heart to desire expansion, to desire greater fulfillment and freedom. It is this expansion that opens our hearts to enlightenment. An experience of joyful enlightenment creates a natural desire for more of this experience. Our journey continues as a reflection of our spiritual nature in physical form.
Part of the continuation of the journey is the creation of the true self. The true self lives in the human heart. It is the place of intersection or the nexus for the soul and body, the resolution of duality. As the spiritual and physical nature merge, the soul casts light on the ego. The integration of the ego, as shaped by the soul, forms a third thing, known as the True Self. This is the experience of an outer reality that is based on the experience of the inner life. It is a cognitive journey
When we begin to receive messages from our heart, we essentially cast light on the darkness of the ego. For this reason, we may experience pain on our journey. (It’s not new pain, and it comes with the understanding that our patterns, memories, and responses are part of the darkness in our lives—and finding light is the panacea. It teaches us how to change both perceptions and beliefs.)
Moments of enlightenment begin as flashes. We learn to search within the heart, for it is said to be the plumb line that measures the depth and safety of the waters in which the seeker travels. Our conflicting experience of reality becomes evident through witnessing the profound love of our glorious connection and the darkness of the separation when disconnected.
The darkness of separation is mitigated by discipline and changing our own character. There is a point when we understand that we are the creators – at least, in part – of the difficult circumstances in our lives. This experience of duality lessens through changing ourselves.
When we change ourselves, we experience a profound shift in vibratory frequency. We understand that the difficulties were necessary for the evolution of our soul. As we learn to love our journey as well as the darkness in our lives, we begin to love ourselves. We move into the love of the heart that is conscious awakening. This love opens a profound door to expression and expansion. As we love ourselves more, we learn how to love the fabric of the Universe.
5 Reasons to Open Your Heart
The Heart lies at the center of your being. The soul speaks through the heart and gives loving guidance. In metaphysics, the first true awakening comes through the heart center. Knowing and listening to your heart is a powerful tool. Here are five good reasons for working with this powerful center.
- Truth and love flow through the heart. It is how we feel our alignment with the universe. The head generates many thoughts and ideas, but we feel their value through the heart. We move into a space of love by listening to the heart. We can actually weigh ideas through the heart. “Listen” and “feel” through the heart. Does the idea make your chest expand or contract? (For a year, I used this practice by asking if a thought came from the heart or not-self.) The universe speaks through the heart.
- We receive and generate love through the heart space. We can ask for love or pink light. We can imagine a ray of pink light entering our chests and healing our body, emotions, and thoughts. When we feel love, we naturally radiate it out into the world. (True abundance comes from the space of the heart and alignment with universal love.)
- We can discern between personal truth and non-truth by listening to the heart. There is a light, warm, easy feeling when thoughts resonate with the heart. We feel other thoughts in the head or pelvis area—the ones not resonating with the heart.) The heart moves us toward our dreams. The heart also tells us when there is dissonance in our environment because there is an uneasy feeling. It’s helpful to ask what can be changed and if we can take an action. Sometimes, the action is as simple as sitting outdoors or taking a break. We discern the right answer or simply move into a still place where we wait for the arrival of the answer.
- The heart provides balance. Positioned in the center of the chakra system, it balances the physical chakras and spiritual chakras. As human beings, we have many desires at a given time. By listening to the heart, we can create a balance between physical routine and spiritual practice.
- Passion is one of the biggest and best reasons for opening the heart. Spiritual passion pulls us into expression, enthusiasm, and ecstasy. The heart delights in the sensations of love and life. Through the heart, we experience expansion of life. We find the words, images, or actions to reflect beauty and joy. We find the courage to inspire, go forward, and express our gifts. (It’s not enough to push through life!) Passion is magical. It’s about wanting a desire enough to take a big step!
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.