With half of the planets in a retrograde position, it’s important to focus on creating a deeper connection with the inner self while working in the outer (physical) world. The outer world offers many distractions, but we can use simple tasks to raise our consciousness by looking inward to test our level of connection.
When we are connected, life exudes flavor, depth, and elusive quality of mystery. When we find connection in all aspects of life, we gain a great deal of freedom. Metaphysics refers to this practice as finding the “plumb” line, the center of energy, which aligns with the heart space.
Here are a few tips:
1) When you remember to look for the light in everything (people, events, objects) and see the “good”, life responds to your energy. When you remember the inner self—and your power to project positive outcomes—life expands the vibration. The good finds you. (If you’re working with negative patterns take note of them. Observe and project a happier pattern for the future.)
2) Remember the reason for your work. If it comes from the heart, it’s worthy of consistent effort and light. If you don’t love your work, you can radiate light and love to it. The higher vibration eventually brings in a different venue or situation. (Think about what you love or like most about your work and imagine success.)
3) Part of spiritual work involves the unseen world. Sometimes, you can’t see the results immediately. it can take time or happen instantly. It’s helpful to realize you are working with the universe, which desires “good” and wonderful things for you. When you wait for a change, you often make realizations, alter your visualization, or become very consistent in your practice. Often, the changes are happening long before they come info form. (Keep going.)
4) When the inner and outer life are connected, you experience a different type of energy with focus and concentration. There is a feeling of engagement or a “click” when the inner and outer lives connect. The world becomes quieter, and you feel directed by the “all.” There is a beautiful flow. The mind clears, and the events in life feel less overwhelming. The energy around you increases its frequency. (This is an excellent time to engage in visualization and project your desires into the world.)
5) You will move in and out of a connected state. It’s normal. You can return to your inner self by focusing on the heart, imagining pink light (love), or remembering your purpose (the importance of your light and love in the world.) By learning more about the cause of the distractions, the people, conversations, and thoughts, you can find your inner connection more easily.
6) Bring your spiritual essence into everyday task by becoming completely present. Focus on your hands and feet. Notice the graceful motions of your body. See the task completed as you work. Take a few minutes to breathe and rest before launching into the next task.
5)The universe wants to connect with you by sharing its power, light and goodness. When you meditate or visualize, you open the door for the connection to take place. After your practice, you can invite more of the universe into your life. It’s helpful to ask questions. What would it feel like if I connected more deeply with the universe? How would my life change?
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.