Squares cause tension between two energies. The tension can sometimes push us into finding new methods and ways of dealing with life. They can also feel frustrating. It’s helpful to know we do have the power to transcend them. (Besides, we are always tested before moving into the next level of consciousness, which the eclipse definitely offers.)
Sun (life), Moon (emotions), Mercury (communications), and Mars (action) square Jupiter, the planet of good fortune and expansion. These squares are in fixed signs, possibly reflecting stubbornness, lack of flexibility, and changes that lead to growth. Sun square Jupiter may reveal how our vision of life requires expansion and growth. Moon (emotions) square Jupiter draws old emotions and limitations of the past to the surface and their conflict with a need for growth. Mercury (communications) square Jupiter can cause procrastination and a sense of laziness.
Mars (action) square Jupiter gives enthusiasm, energy, and zest for life, but Jupiter can make the passion excessive and impulsive.Sun (life), Moon (emotions) and Mars (action, male, passion) square Uranus, the planet of unpredictability and awakening. Sun square Uranus increases the need for personal freedom and the feeling of being different or not fitting into groups. Moon square Uranus can cause unpredictable, rapid changing emotions, making it difficult to focus and complete tasks. Mars square Uranus denotes creative, erratic, and passionate energy that can be channeled or explosive.
Jupiter (expansion) trines Neptune (illusion, mysticism) with a continuance of a hopeful, light and optimistic feeling, which has been helpful during the summer months. Saturn (limitation, karma) trines Uranus (New Age, awakening) bestows a positive intermingling of concepts of the Piscean and Aquarian Age.
Positive aspects with Chiron (the wounded healer) include a trine with Sun, making life and healing align, and sextiles with Moon (emotions) and Mars (action). Saturn (limitation, karma) squares Chiron, indicating the need to find the source of our limitations and clear them with active consciousness.
- Awakened people (like you) may feel tension, but you should be capable of dealing with the energies throughout the weekend. However, not everyone is like you. The world may present chaotic actions and energies, but you know how to change energy so send peaceful vibrations into the space around you and out into the world (Think of peace as beautiful blue-green waves that bring calm and love.)
- The present moment (and throughout the week) is NOT time for acting on repressed feelings, talking to others about unfair behavior, or beginning a new project. (Write letters and emails that you never send.) With many planets in retrograde, take time to meditate on the beauty of your desires – and the opportunity to do so. After all, it’s a gift.
- Mercury is retrograde, limiting travel and mental expansion. Mercury retro tends to slow communications, travel, computers, and electronics. It also tends to cause confusion. It’s a time to rest, review, reflect, and remain consistent with spiritual practices.
- Squares with Jupiter (good fortune, expansion) can limit the outcome of best efforts and cause frustration. Sun (life, self), Moon (emotions), and Mars (action, masculine) square Uranus (sudden change, awakening), which may prompt eccentric or sudden action. It’s far wiser to delay the action and go within. Let the universe ease waves of pressure and discontent by listening to the subtle voice of the inner self.
- The Lunar Eclipse presents an opportunity to travel more deeply into the inner self. Think of it as walking into the light and reconstructing life into a higher form. Meditation and reflection are needed to accomplish this task, but the universe is sending light to help us on the path.
Sabian Symbols, based on Lynda Hill’s book and work
Sun is on Leo 5, “Rock Formations Towering over a Deep Canyon.” Rock formations could refer to structures of structures of the past or the time element of the planet. Either way, one has to wait and standstill while waiting for help, or climb down into the chasm and/or void.
In the spiritual world, this is known as taking a leap into the unknown, a way of letting go of safe structures and leaning on faith. (On the positive, it can also refer to the power needed to descend into the unknown.)
Moon is on Aquarius 5, “A Council of Ancestors Has Been Called to Guide a Man.” The symbol could refer to wise individuals who found truth and direction in another time – or it could speak of the necessity of following guidance from times past. On another level, it can refer to the strength of genetic ancestors, which lies in our DNA, and may act as a supportive force. (Guides also exist on a purely spiritual level.)
Mercury is on Leo 24, “Totally Concentrated upon Spiritual Attainment, A Yogi is Sitting in a State of Neglect.” The symbol calls attention to the importance of focus and listening to the inner self for true attainment. It also asks for balance between the spiritual and physical worlds.
Venus sits on Virgo 20, “A Caravan of Cars Headed for the Promised Land.” Venus offers substantial support in this chart, indicating help from the universe when we move into a state of love. The caravan of cars relates to the concept of the availability of higher dimensions for those who are spiritually aligned.
Mars is retrograde on Aquarius 4, “A Hindu Healer Glows with a Mystic Power”. This symbol refers to action on the inner as opposed to outer level. The “glow” comes from the light within. At some point, all seekers discover that the light of universe is a wonderful balm, which heals problems in the outer world.
Jupiter is on Scorpio 14, “Telephone Linesman at Work Installing New Connections”. It’s a wonderful symbol that suggests new ways of connecting intuitively and developing communications, which come from the heart.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.
If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.