The Full Moon appears on Fri, Nov 23 at a few minutes after midnight, but we’ll feel the pull of the moon throughout the holiday. It’s not the best full moon for Thanksgiving with energy running high and wild with Mercury in retrograde, but there are methods for dealing with the zaniness (and tips at the end of the blog post.) Also, we know this a time when it’s important to live, speak, and talk differently by using the insights of the higher self, and this is a good time for practice.
It begins quite seriously with Sun (life, self), Mercury (communications), and Jupiter (good fortune) placed in Sagittarius, the sign ruling philosophy, long journeys, and study of the soul. But the Moon is in garrulous Gemini, an air sign that wants to talk, socialize, and perhaps say and buy too much. (Mercury is ruled by air, and it is poorly placed in Sagittarius, making the position of the moon more important than usual.) Mercury (communications, higher mind) should act in cerebral way, but it wants to visit, talk, and buy lots of things while in a disconnected state. The Moon (emotions) opposes Mercury (communications) and Jupiter (good fortune), which means our emotional nature is out of sync with communication and expansion. (Whenever possible, think or transmit peace and love.)
Think of a hippie dropping into a formal dinner party and dominating the conversation by sharing his or her travels over the past six months. Of course, that’s an extreme description. Nevertheless, it’s wise to decide to take a different view on the holidays. Release the memories of past gatherings, and use it as a time to use the skills of the inner self. (Prepare to listen to others, refrain from disagreements, stay quiet, and try your best to the underlying good in everyone. After all, that’s what spiritual work teaches us.)
Along with these odd placements, Sun, Mercury, and Jupiter square Mars (action). Squares cause tension and pressure, and Mars is action. These aspects make it more difficult to complete actions, follow through with tasks, and stay focused – particularly when traveling, utilizing electronics, or communicating. Tiredness and/or frustration may follow the completion of tasks, or it may seem to take longer than usual. (It doesn’t mean we can’t do these things; it simply requires more effort and focus.)
Venus (love, beauty, relationships) is softer in Libra than in Scorpio, which created much tension in love relationships in the past few months. But Venus opposes Uranus (sudden change, quantum field), and this makes people act strangely or in unexpected ways around loving relationships. Venus also squares Pluto (underworld, transformation), bringing compulsive behavior and patterns to the surface. We’re continuing to experience insights into our behavior and emotions around love. The unexpected feelings and actions reveal where we’re not in alignment, and compulsive feelings/behavior indicate karmic and/or unresolved patterns.
Mars (action) forms lovely sextiles (mildly positive energy) with Saturn (karma, discipline) and Uranus (quantum field, sudden change), which can open our hearts and minds to inspiration and devoted action. Mars also conjuncts Neptune (mysticism, illusion), and this can meaningful insights and the power to create effective change. Mars conjunct Neptune tends to give the power to bring a dream into form. In particular – the types of dreams that held in the heart.
Jupiter (expansion, good fortune) is placed in Sagittarius, which will eventually help in lifting our spirits and guiding us in the direction of our dreams. The past is repeating as Uranus (sudden change) moved back into Aries, and it squares Pluto (again). Chiron (wounded healer) moved back into Pisces so we’re dealing with issues from the past.
Sun (life) and Jupiter (expansion) trine Chiron (wounded healer), indicating that seeking healing can change our lives and bring good fortune. Saturn (limitation) squares Chiron, asking for us to let go of our perception of the past.
- Astrology explains the feelings and tendencies of the current energies, but it doesn’t always tell you how to move through them. Visualization and meditation are helpful when the energies are a bit wild. This practice connects you to higher energies, which can overcome turbulence and lower energies from others.
- The Moon and Mercury (emotions and thought) are in opposition. It’s important to listen more than we talk. It’s probably not wise to buy anything online (unless you planned to buy it for months. The best time for shopping is after Dec. 6) It’s helpful to visualize travel plans between Thursday and Monday. Communications have a tendency for misunderstanding. Think before you speak.
- Venus asks for a closer look at love. It’s not easy, but we can’t move into a higher dimension without understanding our feelings and patterns. Perception is part of transcending any problem.
- Squares with Mars will make action more difficult and tiring than usual. (Plan to rest.) There is a boon with Mars; its conjunction with Neptune helps in creating plans to reach a long cherished dream.
- It’s a fabulous time to practice what you know about your inner self – and radiate light and peace. (The world needs you!)
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.