Image by Amanda Clark
Emotion is one of the tests of mastery, Represented by water, emotion moves in waves. It responds to our thoughts, sensations, and encounters. It peaks and ebbs in a series of highs and lows. It can come from intuition, an old pattern, or a misinterpretation. It can also come as a truth, which requires the light of awareness.
1) Love, as experienced in the heart, is the highest emotion. When we feel love in the heart space, we usually feel connected and centered—free from the oscillations of life. It’s helpful to cultivate this feeling so we can tap into the heart space when needed. (Imagine feeling pink light in the center of the chest and back. Imagine receiving more light in this space.)
4) Emotions are contagious on the lowest and highest levels. We can feel uplifted in the highest sense or experience panic in a movie theater. We share emotion unless we make an effort to raise our vibration above the frequency of others. Everyone feels the projections of other people. When we are aware of this, we can disconnect and rely on our spiritual practice.
5) It’s important to accept the ebb and flow of our emotional life. We can learn what activates patterns, what calms them, and how to change our focus. For example, exercise, meditation, or a good book can soothe our mood. (It’s important to know that many people activate negative emotions. Think twice before discussing problems with friends.)
6) It’s helpful to recall positive emotions such as courage, perseverance, or joy. When we recall a happy emotion, we essentially “intend” it into our lives. It’s useful to project the opposite emotion of any unhappy state. If we truly connect with it over time, we experience more of it. (Reality follows the lens of our attention.)
7) We are only beginning to learn how to express our emotions constructively in life. (Watch a few movies or the news if you disagree.) When we become more accomplished, we’ll learn how to send waves of peace, love, and joy–and see our lives move into a place of ease and happiness. In the meanwhile, we can observe, focus on positive emotions, and send good energy to our emotional future.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.