Alchemy states that mastery occurs through the emotions. BKS Inyengar said, “To master fear is the important battle to win.” Ultimately, we must master fear to create a life on a higher level. There are actually good reasons for feeling fear. We often feel fear when we act on the heart because the world teaches us to go in the opposite direction (away from the inner self. The outer world of duality resists the motion of wholeness associated with finding the inner self.
Yet, nothing is as fulfilling as connecting with the inner self, and life changes when we live from the heart. We learn to identify the energy associated with our soul. We gain awareness of energy as a whole and learn how it resonates with us. We learn how to create our inner desires, find our gifts, and share them with others.
1) When we step into the light, it involves a leap. Fear can feel very real when the universe calls. It means letting go of our current life and believing whatever appears will work. It’s not easy, and the ego often feels resistance (or fear) about taking a big leap. It’s normal to feel afraid, uneasy, or agitated before taking a step, and we have to trust the universe. (The universe always has a bigger, better plan. Visualize each step and the desirable outcome.)
2) The outer world does not encourage the huge wave of awakening. When we expand into our inner self, we can receive a wave of fear from mass consciousness (the lower emotions of the world at large.) If we focus on the inner self as often as possible, we will find a way to move through the resistance. (It’s not easy, but you can move through it by using your will and determination.)
3) It’s easier to feel fear about our destiny than it is to take a step. (The same is true about improving an aspect of our lives. We often have resistance about creating a better life.) “Destiny’, which is simply the soul’s path—the universe’s way of choosing experiences of teaching us to move into a higher place of being. It’s easiest to begin with a desire of the heart. Learn how to use tools such as visualization, positive thoughts, and the power of love. Study angels, read books, and practice changing how you see your life. (There is a great network of “love”, which will support you.)
4) The pressure and feeling of fear will lessen when you decide to move in the direction of the soul. The pressure lessens as you listen and commit to your inner self.
5) Moving into awakening can bring feelings of uncertainty to the surface. While we may feel unhappy in our experience of “reality”, relinquishing control can feel difficult. We have expectations of how life should look and feel. It means we have work to develop hidden aspects of ourselves and look at the parts of us, which are involved in our patterns. Control comes from the ego. Allow your “reality” to rearrange itself in a new manner.
6) When we step into heightened intuition, it can take time to distinguish between the soul and ego—and to have a consistent feeling of direction. (This can feel frightening.) The inner self asks us to listen with the heart. It means following intuition or inner guidance as opposed to the voice of the outer world. This may feel strange or uncomfortable in the beginning. Often, the directions don’t make sense. Over time, we learn to trust the inner voice and distinguish feelings and direction.
After every leap, we trust our inner voice more. But it’s only in the area of the jump. There’s still more ground to cover. We often feel the resistance of the lower self and the world, but it passes. Part of this is learning to believe in the inner self, the true part of the self. (We also have to believe in the universe’s ability to support us—or faith.) Over time, these changes lead us into love and connection.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.