The New Moon appears on Wednesday, June 13 at 3:43 pm. The energy feels particularly still and “void” because it is a Super New Moon. (Of course, the sky is completely dark.) The chart asks us to rise above the rapidly changing currents of mind/emotion and align with the higher self whenever possible.
An emphasis on duality is found throughout the chart, and duality is resolved within the inner self. Sun and Moon are in the air sign of Gemini, symbolized by the twins, and ruling the mind and all forms of communication. Air can refer to the lower or higher mind, and twins are a symbol of duality—representing the interplay of light and darkness. The element of air can also represent the quantum field, the instantaneous transfer of information from the cosmos into the personal mind that creates a gestalt moment of realization.
Sun (life), Moon (emotions), and Mercury (mind) are conjunct or closely placed, heightening the stimulation of our mental processes. The conjunctions act as a catalyst for the mind, increasing our propensity to fire rapid thoughts. Discernment is the key to differentiate between meaningless and meaningful thoughts. (Influences such as emotions, sensations, the energy fields of others, and the overall global frequency affect our thoughts.)
Sun and Moon square (tension) Neptune (mysticism, illusion), which can cause difficulty in separating fact and fiction–particularly with thoughts and feelings. When Neptune (water) squares a planet, it can feel like driving through fog. We can only see a few feet ahead, but we can “feel” our way home on an intuitive level. That’s the needed attitude for the next few days.
Mercury (mind, communications) is placed in Cancer, a water sign, which can hone our listening skills and increase our ability to listen intuitively. It’s a helpful placement, which can be used to “think” with the heart instead of the mind. Mercury is opposite Saturn (limitation, karma). Saturn often limits the concept of self, which can bring feelings of insecurity and/or self-doubt. Mercury also sextiles (harmonious) Uranus, bringing harmony to the equation and giving greater access to the quantum, the place of angels, miracles, and love/light.
Venus (love, relationships) sits in Cancer, a water sign symbolizing the feminine, the mother, and the home. Venus is placed on mid-heaven, the apex of the chart, symbolizing how love can take us through the inherent challenges of life. Venus opposes Mars (male, action), inciting emotion and stirring up passion in an imperfect way. (This aspect is about NOT acting on passion – at least for a few days.) Venus also squares (tension) Uranus, which can amplify erratic feelings with the people who we love.
Mars in Aquarius expands thought although it rules action. Aquarius is an air sign, and it rules thought so it amplifies thought instead giving direction into clear action. Mars squares (tension) Jupiter (expansion, good fortune), and it stirs up physical energy and passion with a desire to act immediately. With the confusion shown throughout the chart, it’s best to wait to write that email and/or make a phone call. (It’s also a wonderful time to take a big step into an important project.) Mars also squares Uranus (awakening, sudden change), which makes it feel desirable to act on erratic impulses when it’s probably not the best decision.
Jupiter (good fortune) trines (harmonious) Neptune (mysticism, illusion). In Greek and Roman mythology, Jupiter and Neptune were two of the most powerful gods. When they align in positive aspect, it conveys a feeling of hope and optimism about the present and future, which is helpful! Saturn (karma, limitation, the past) trines (harmonious) Uranus (awakening, change), and this aspect aids in combining the knowledge of the past with the possibilities in the future—which creates a better “present” reality.
Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Saturn square Chiron, the wounded healer, indicating that tensions in our lives, emotions, communications, and past may block healing for the moment. (These aspects can also make bring awareness of where healing is needed—and how.) Venus trines (harmonious) Chiron and appears as a shining light, a reminder that love can overcome the wounds in life and past lives as we continue through this process known as the New Age.
- Powerful aspects and placements are found in this chart, which can bring connection to the inner self. The focus on air (Sun, Moon, and Mars) and conjunction of Mercury with Sun and Moon, indicate the possibility of clear, transformative thoughts that can lead to awakening.
- Thoughts and feelings are not always real. Sometimes, they are projections of other people, society at large, or the repetition of patterns of consciousness. The planets will stimulate every type of thought for the next few days. The challenge lies in discerning the source of thoughts by focusing on the heart and inner self.
- Venus in Cancer sits on the mid-heaven, the high point of the chart. It opens the door to our hearts – and encourages us to remember the power of love and beauty.
- A great deal of emotion is activated by this chart. While we may feel emotion quite strongly, it’s not the time to express our feelings or tell others what we think. (It needs to wait.) The erratic qualities in the chart will likely cause poor communication.
- Jupiter and Neptune join together to create positive vibrations and send them our way. In one sense, there’s a message that we have what it takes to transcend the rough waves before reaching shore.
- It’s definitely important to work with meditation to find the voice of the inner self and connect with the higher planes.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.
If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.