The New Moon appears on March 6, and it bestows lovely energy—along with a few challenges. At the time of the New Moon, the sky is dark. It’s a good time for finding answers through the inner self and resting quietly for a day or two before moving into a phase of action. The New Moon brings a focus on the dreamy, feminine energy of Pisces with Sun (life), Moon (emotions), Mercury (communications) and Neptune (mysticism/idealism) placed in this sign. Pisces is a water sign, and it amplifies emotion. As ruler of the 12th house, it also pertains to karma from past lives and the past Age, which was ruled by Pisces.
Sun (life) and Moon (emotions, feminine) sextile (harmonious) Mars (action) and Saturn (discipline, karma). Sun and Moon in Pisces can increase the expanse of the imagination and inspire new dreams; the positive aspects with Mars and Saturn give strength to act decisively and in a disciplined way. After all, this is how we bring the beauty of the imagination into physical form, which is one of the lessons of this point in time.
Sun, Moon, and Mercury square Jupiter in Sagittarius, bringing tension between our dreams and expansion in life. Planets in Pisces lead us into beautiful dreams, which are often inspired by the mystical part of the universe, but Jupiter (expansion, good fortune) in Sagittarius longs for a quest, the physical walk on the path of the soul to fulfill desires. Jupiter asks that we find a realistic way of bringing dreams into form. (There’s a substantial difference between day dreaming and consciously dreaming.) Jupiter urges us to separate fantasy from reality and take realistic steps with dreams that come from the heart and lead into the light.
Mercury moved into retrograde on March 5, bringing a month of confusion, clearing, and inner realization. Mercury rules communications and electronics as well as messages from the Divine, and they are typically scrambled for 3-4 weeks. It is possible to discern true messages and direction but only through the inner self. (The logical mind tends to lose its focus during Mercury retro.) This Mercury retro is particularly important because it involves Pisces, ruler of the dark energies and karma of the past age. It actually gives an opportunity to release old drama and tired emotions while allows space for transmutation and higher energies as we move into New Age. (When possible, it’s best to deal with this Mercury retro, which extends through March 28, by releasing emotions and renewing ourselves through rest and reflection. At best ,it’s a time of moving into the heart and finding universal love to wash away the past.
Venus (love, beauty, partnerships) is placed in Aquarius, an independent and eclectic air sign. Venus in Aquarius is interested in the mind and the flow of energy in another person. Venus squares Mars (male, action) and Uranus (sudden change, awakening), which can cause tension and/or misunderstanding with partners. With these placements, it’s important to wait and think before speaking. (Don’t fight, think!)
Mars (action, male energy) is placed in Taurus, an earth sign, which gives grounding, strength for action, and vitality for the physical body. Taurus is the bull that patiently pushes its way to success, loves the earth and natural beauty, and patiently stands its ground. Mars rules action and energy, and it’s powerful in this position. Mars also forms wonderful aspects that balance the dreamy energy of many planets placed In Pisces. It trines Saturn, the ruler of discipline and time, which aids with intention, focus, and sustained effort. Mars trines Pluto (transformation, underworld), giving power and strength to recognize and transmute old patterns and karma.
Jupiter (good fortune, expansion) in Sagittarius encourages optimism, growth, and our desire for spiritual development. The planet of good fortune trines (harmonious) Uranus (awakening, sudden change), encouraging positive outcomes with an awakened state—and possibly sudden change. Jupiter squares (tension) Neptune (illusion, mysticism), asking for a realistic balance between dreams and the desire for a more beautiful and balanced life.
Saturn, ruler of discipline, devotion, and karma, sextiles (harmonious) Neptune (mysticism, illusion), and this aspect combines devotion and discipline with dreams and beauty—enlarging the possibility of creating a physical structure for inner desires. Saturn conjuncts (close to) Pluto (underworld, transformation), and the planets in combination are powerful. Together, they can help in finding inner and outer resources and/or transforming the fabric of our lives.
Uranus recently moved into Taurus, an earth sign that rules beauty, nature, and physical form. Uranus rules sudden change, awakening, and higher communication. It also represents the quantum field or spontaneous healing and/or change. Earth signs tend to act in a stabilizing manner, and Uranus may bring awakening in a gentler form—or it may teach about the importance of listening to nature as we seek inner growth. Uranus in Taurus emphasizes music, beauty, art, and money/possessions. (Uranus will stay in this position for 7 years.)
Chiron, the wounded healer, is in Aries, which represents the beginning of the cycle, the mind and the head. Healing may come from changing our thoughts or learning to think in a new way. It could also involve transmitting thought in new ways which were never thought of before. Or it could refer to finding new healing methods by connecting the mind and heart.
- Many planets in Pisces present beautiful, dreamy energy that can help with artistic endeavors, connecting with Divine, and heighten the imagination. Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Neptune in Pisces is also about clearing emotions from the past, and we will likely feel our emotions more intensely than usual. It can also make life feel slightly confusing or foggy, particularly with Mercury retrograde in Pisces.
- Squares with Sun/Moon and Jupiter (good fortune) ask for discernment when separating escapism and dreaming. Creating a reality, which expands our life, takes planning and work. The tension between the 3 planets can help with this.
- Mercury will remain retrograde through March 28. The general rules apply. It’s not a good time to make a significant change, buy electronics, or travel. It is a good time to reflect on life, redo projects, and renew our energy. Mercury retro causes confusion and breakdowns in communication. It’s helpful when we can “listen” through the inner self.
- Uranus in Taurus causes a huge shift in energy. It is more stable than Uranus in Aries, and it may smooth the way to awakening. It will concern the earth and nature–although part of awakening is hearing the voice of nature. It will definitely affect finance. (Let’s see this as positive.)
- Chiron in Aries is another significant change. The wounded healer rules how we heal on a group level as well as the energy of our wounding. Aries can be aggressive and headstrong, but it is also assertive and forceful when following the right answer.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.