The first New Moon of the New Year appears today. The New Moon chart reflects our current world in a fairly accurate manner. It depicts the desire for power, the flare of anger and mis-reads of energy, and it shows where our energies are on and off. But the stars and planets don’t compel an outcome. The planets “color” our reception of energy, and we have free will and choices as to our response and/or reaction.
As in every chart, there are mitigating factors, which offer opportunities and shifts in consciousness. The first two months of the year carry strong Uranian influences. Uranus is currently in Taurus, which is the earth and structures in physical form. The planet has 2 different faces. One face brings sudden, strange changes such as the events that occurred in the United States last week; the other face can be sublime as it is the quantum field. Uranus contains the quantum field, spiritual communication such as transmitting thoughts and energy, and aspects of light like spontaneous healing, miracles and the presence of angels.
Interestingly, our encounters with Uranus depend on the placement of consciousness. When collective consciousness swings low, we see and feel odd, negative events. When collective consciousness is high and focused on light, we experience a dispensation of spiritual energy. Ultimately, the outcome is a result of focused energy. (We can begin by becoming grateful of the good in life and pulling into the inner self where answers to the outside world tend to appear.) Creating positive outcomes can act an opportunity to come together and work with higher energies because Uranus can offer new, unique methods of energetic change.
Another positive force in this chart is Venus, planet of love. Placed in Capricorn, which is an earth sign, Venus trines Uranus, which opens our consciousness to new forms of love, finding love (including unconditional love) through new sensations and experiences, and sending/using love in original, unique methods and forms. Love mitigates and changes everything around it; it lifts energy into a higher place and opens the door to possibility.
By focusing on Venus, we can move into love and universal love. We can ask to learn how to apply love in new ways. We can tap into love to release resentments and frustrations. And we can ask universal love to show us how to love ourselves.
Here are a few of the strong aspects in the chart.
- Sun (life), Moon (emotions), and Mercury (communications) conjunct (close to) Pluto (underworld, transformation). Sun and Pluto in close position can indicate awareness of light and darkness. (The Sun is life, and Pluto can be the underworld or subconscious.) With observation, we can transcend the limitations of the aspect and move into wholeness. Moon conjunct Pluto can take resentment and unstable emotion to the surface. It can also bring hidden emotions to the surface for observation and increase intuition. Mercury conjunct Pluto expands and intensifies thought. It can bring troubled emotions and thoughts to the surface for examination and clearing.
- Sun (life), Moon (emotions), Mercury (thought), and Jupiter (expansion) conjunct Saturn, which is limitation and repression. We may experience a desire to go inward or feel slightly depressed. Saturn is also about discipline, and it may be important to examine feelings and thoughts to discover what needs to change through meditation and creative thought.
- Mercury (thought) squares Mars (action), which can cause confusion about finding right action, words, and/or communication.
- Mars (action) conjuncts (close to) Uranus (sudden change, quantum field). Uranus’ tendency is to heighten creativity and the desire to live in a more expansive way. This aspect pushes us to make changes, but it’s important to think twice and anchor into stability. (It is quite energizing but can be overly spontaneous.) Mars squares (tension, frustration) Jupiter (expansion), Saturn (limitation), and Pluto (underworld, transformation). With Mars presenting 4 squares, it’s important NOT to act on frustration, resentment, or small upsets. (Wait a week or two, and see how you feel.)
- Saturn (limitation) and Jupiter (expansion) are in Aquarius, and they square (tension) Uranus. This is one factor in the current of strange events; however, it gives the opportunity to learn how to tap into the quantum field. Jupiter and Saturn remain conjunct Pluto, which is the COVID influence. Fortunately, they are moving away from Pluto, and we’ll likely see some relief in February.
- The planets will change their positions later in the year. We will move beyond the anger and frustration, which have been strong since summer. We’ll move in and out of the COVID influences, which are currently weakening. We have the power to shift ourselves and the world around us—if we devote moments and minutes to raising our frequency. In other words, there is great potential if we set our hearts and minds on finding it.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.
If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.