The faraway planet was named after a centaur with a wound that never healed. But Chiron was also a healer and teacher. On his quest for self-healing, he learned how to help others. Often, we take on the same role by sharing processes learned while healing our deepest wounds.
Sun moves into Taurus, an earth sign, on April 20, slowing the motion of life and reconnecting us to the earth and nature. (April moved quickly with many planets in the fire sign of Aries). Venus (love, feminine) remains in Taurus, which heightens our ability to perceive beauty and experience physical love of life.
Mercury (thought, communication) sits in Aries. It’s direct, meaning that it’s easier to think clearly, put thoughts into form and navigate through life. Mercury in Aries gives inspiration and enthusiasm with all aspects of life associated with communication. In a few days, life will run more smoothly and feel less confusing. (Mercury squares Saturn in Scorpio, asking to look more deeply before taking actions that will create big changes in life.)
Venus in Taurus trines (harmonious) Mars in Capricorn. It’s a beautiful combination of earth energy as Venus adds harmonious vibes to the Mars’ (male, action) desire to take act and create change in the physical world. It can also invoke harmony between the sexes and the two sides of the self.
Mars (action, male) and Saturn (limitation) are conjunct (close), and they are both in retrograde position. This somewhat confusing conjunction goes on for some time, and the retrograde position of the planets can actually lessen the effect of the influence of two different planets.
Uranus will move into Taurus on May 15. When a large planet moves from fire to earth, it exerts a big influence on the earth. It may affect weather, emotions/thoughts, and the overall sensation of energy in general. (Expect erratic, sometimes upsetting behavior on the parts of others. It’s also easy to overreact to others with this swing in the energy.)
- Sun is conjunct Uranus, which can heighten awakening and/or bring sudden erratic change. (Focus on stability with good aspects of life.) Sun trines (harmonious) Saturn (form, karma, limitation), and this positive aspect can aid with creating positive, new structures for our life. Sun square (tension) Pluto (transformation, underworld) can bring old patterns to the surface for transmuting into new outlooks and beliefs.
- Sun and Venus in Taurus give grounding and connection with the earth. Their influence tends to slow time and making lovely to sit outdoors and dream—or build new forms.
- Mercury direct in Aries heightens our ability to communicate and take action.
- Aspects with Mars can make situations seem volatile and increase our tendency to act in a reactive way. Breathe, observe, and wait to respond.
- Big changes will appear with Chiron in Aries and Uranus’ move into Taurus on May 15. Sensitive individuals are already feeling the shift.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.
If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.