Meditation is a way of staying on the path. It can be a practice of developing stillness, co-creating dreams, or receiving divine guidance. On the highest level, it’s a combination of all three. Part of the fulfillment comes from learning to hold a higher frequency. When you see your life from a more positive point of view, you hold a higher frequency. (It’s not just about creating your dreams; it’s about staying connected.)
The practice spills over into every aspect of your life. You learn to send light to frustrations, love to a friend, healing to a plant or animal, and love to the universe at large. You also discern when and how to send the energy and who really needs it. There are real laws regarding energy, and our sensations – the feeling of the physical body, emotions and thoughts – teach about the accuracy of sending and receiving energy.
Small Steps for Dreaming and Creating
1) Begin with connection. Practice meditation every day, whether it works or not. Devote 15 minutes to you. See what you want and feel it in the now – not later. Look at the practice as a way to collect energy.
2) Ask what you can do to move your vision forward. It may involve a real action or a change in attitude. Sometimes, it involves seeing life differently or projecting a feeling. Or you can ask, “How would I feel if this (my intention) happened now?” Project this feeling often.
3) Use your energy wisely. Do things that make you happy. Go for a walk. Spend 15 minutes helping someone else. See their dreams coming true. (Energy is karma, and it comes around.)
4) Notice what is good about your life and expand it. Spend a few minutes thinking about the good in other people and how they love or help you.
5) Take a few seconds to project an outcome before taking an action. The new client responds well. Your business is flooded with emails and phone calls. Your children feel happy. The garden grows at a spectacular rate. The special person in your life adores you. (We limit life by not bothering to project happiness or success.)
6) Listen more than you talk. Encourage others to express their dreams and hopes. Notice the change in direction of the conversation. When are they really connected? When do their words resonate with who they really are? (Don’t share your dreams. Share small happy events and let the rest go.)
7) Don’t give yourself away. Learn to have healthy boundaries and speak your truth. Helping or loving in a positive way doesn’t mean feeling tired or exhausted.
8) Keep the faith. Goodness, love, and light work. We’re moving into a phase of life when everyone will soon know and recognize this simple truth. Do your part.
As you gain understanding, life begins to respond to you, to your personal flow of energy. After a while, it becomes apparent. You sense how others react to your energy level, and you notice how different life appears, moves and responds to your state of mind. Your thoughts, feelings, and moods affect everything around you. A feeling of freedom comes with this understanding. (This doesn’t mean that you are not affected by events, other people, or karma. It simply means you understand that your input plays a role in the direction of the current of life. You understand you play a part in it. You can alter your part and your feelings.)
These steps compose part of the realization of awakening. You sense your role in the dream of life. You begin to understand life’s not “just happening.” A great deal changes when you evolve by projecting positively, sending light, having boundaries, or using circumstances to move into a deeper understanding of the possibilities in life.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. The wolves taught her that true energetic motion is based on the soul and patterns of nature. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.