A sudden, gestalt shift often comes with awakening, but our daily actions comprise small steps that lead to the larger realizations of our inner nature. Manifestation involves collecting energy, envisioning our desire, and changing our overall perception of an area of life. Changes in perception come in short flashes; they come in short bursts when we decide to see or feel life differently. They happen when we decide to exercise, meditate, or change the tone of our voice.
These simple examples involve self-love or love for others. The inner process requires more work. Typically, we lack consciousness, light, energy, or awareness when we have a problem. Usually, the universe wants us to learn to see or feel a part of life differently by raising our light level.
Even when we don’t have problems, it’s important to raise our frequency so we perceive more of the goodness and beauty in life. A higher frequency calls for more positive images, thoughts, words, and actions. It’s part of the process of finding our true nature, the voice of the heart, and the inclinations of the soul.
Small Steps for Daily Life
1) Meditate. Everyone has ten minutes for meditation. Focus on light. Choose one of the following colors: emerald green, light blue, pink or violet. See everything in your life become better and easier. See yourself interacting with others more harmoniously.
2) Make a daily task easier. In yoga, it’s said the poses liked least are the ones that are most needed in your practice. Perfect yourself on small chores by staying in a state of love and refusing to feel irritation or anxiety. Choose one task on your procrastination list and send love to it. Imagine it as complete. (Don’t force yourself to do it. Just notice if your feelings change.)
3) Focus on one person in your daily life. Imagine how it would feel if you and this person interacted more harmoniously. How would s/he respond with greater happiness or opportunity? (This exercise is not for people who are consistently negative.)
4) Notice what you love about your work. Keep your attention on the parts of work that you love most.
5) Whenever you see a bill, see money flowing into your life. Make a list of purchases and imagine buying them while keeping a good balance in your checking account.
6) Watch your inner dialog. The inner dialog is known as the money mind in Zen. It’s how the ego speaks negatively to you and prevents progress. Pay attention to your body and put your attention on the point where your feet and the ground (or floor) meet. Observation changes the flow of energy to a more positive frequency—only the higher part of your consciousness can observe.
7) Love your body. Send light to your body. Imagine your body working perfectly and gracefully.
8) Take five minutes to review a happy memory by remembering when you felt happy, vital, and successful. Biofeedback says the body and brain actually secrete chemicals and create images to mimic the experience when we focus positively on the past.
9) Practice positive self-talk. Whenever you accomplish anything, compliment yourself. Maybe, you exercised for 15 minutes instead of an hour or only meditated 5 minutes—it doesn’t matter. Make the most of whatever you do by acknowledging your efforts that flow in the direction of your higher self. In modern society, few people compliment others for following the path of the soul. It’s helpful when we can remember to do it.
10) Make a habit of spending a few minutes in nature. It attunes the physical body and awakens the senses. Your body awakens along with your spirit. Encourage the process.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. The wolves taught her that true energetic motion is based on the soul and patterns of nature. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.