Think of the Lion’s Gate as a cosmic blast of solar light. The Lion’s Gate symbolizes the annual height of solar energy, emanated by the astrological sign of Leo. It refers to a process of purifying the fabric of our consciousness and recreating ourselves with a higher light level. It’s a quick process because the Lion’s Gate is open between August 8 and August 12—although the energy will linger for a week or more.
The Lion’s Gate occurs during “Dog Days” or when the dog star, Sirius, precedes the sun on the horizon. The Great Pyramid of Cheops was built to align with the rise of Sirius to mark the importance of a time of rebirth—an opportunity to move more deeply into our divine blueprint and resurrect the True Self. As a result, the solar year began on July 23 with the motion of the Sun into Leo (solar) energy, and the celebration of light ended on September 15.
Solar light is associated with the masculine energies such as spirituality, universal love, courage, creativity and pure light. Light cleanses, and it brings spiritual change. The light is somewhat yang; it can feel over stimulating on a mental/creative level if we don’t take time to rest and reflect. For those who are open, it alters DNA, raising our capacity to receive more light into the body and energy field.
The light brings endings such as harvest, but it also illuminates new beginnings. This means opening up to the universe and expanding what we think is the fabric of life. For example, everyone has problems, large or small. There are desires and objects of our longing; yet, they are part of the human experience—and are eclipsed by the universal light.
Becoming who we really are (and moving into greater love) always constitutes the universal movement. When we surrender to these concepts, the solutions to our problems often emerge effortlessly. In other words, we are the answers to our problems. The answer lies in shifting our consciousness to a wider vision. It lies in accepting who we truly are—and finding a new paradigm.
Light also acts a quickening and cleansing agent. It cleanses our thoughts, emotions, and shows us the darkness in our lives. Part of the darkness (for all of us) lies in resonating and identifying with the recurrence of the shadows. What if we didn’t believe in the necessity of negative experiences? What if we could alter our lives instantly? Who would we become if we stepped more deeply into the light? What if positive events happened more quickly? (There is a “feeling” beneath the questions. Expand it if you feel it.)
There are inherent challenges in raising our light level. Sometimes, we think about what we leave behind us or worry about who we will become. Other times, we focus on our journey or how it will work. It’s good to keep in mind that visualizing, asking questions, making wishes, or believing might lead us to fulfillment with far less effort.
A few tips:
1) Fire brings purification and cleansing. What do you want to leave behind in your life? It can be as simple as fear or as complex as a whole portion of your life. Trust it’s for the best and take a step ahead.
2) Fire expands things. It can create a huge flame. When contained and tended, it emanates warmth. Where is fire needed to burn the dross or nourish the inner being? Where is creativity or illumination needed.
3) Where do you lack answers? Let the fire blaze a trail. Follow the light. Or imagine a pink flame, which represents love, burning away the darkness in your life.
4) Write an angel letter, detail your desires, and burn the letter. Imagine the flames taking the desires up to the light. As the light descends, it brings your desires into material form.
5) Don’t burn out with too many projects, requiring creativity, will power, and thought. Balance by resting, meditating, or napping in a dark, quiet room. Lions love acting in a lazy way and playing throughout the day. (Don’t indulge.) It’s possible to burn out when we lack true focus. Look honestly: see if your life is balanced.)
6) Let the solar light lift you up. Act with courage and perseverance when moving into desires and dreams. Let the light expand your purpose, gifts, and aspirations in the coming year.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.