It’s the last full moon of the decade, and it appeared on 12/12 at 12:12 ET. 12 is the number of a cycle of completion in the material world; the next number is 13, which represents moving into the void of the unknown. (The void is an opening to discovery about the universe and the self. We use the information to create a new phase of life.)
This full moon cycle is supportive with many planets in earth, which provides grounding—as well as a good representation of where we stand at this time in life. The Sun is in Sagittarius, and it encourages generosity, happiness, and enlargement of lives. It’s particularly helpful when coupled with discipline and desire to move forward on the spiritual path.
Moon is Gemini, an air sign, and it encourages social events, exchange of information, and enhances communication. Sun (life) and Moon (emotions) square Neptune (mysticism, illusion), causing cloudiness with obtaining intuitive information. (Lately, I’ve noticed many people focusing on the negative illusions in life as opposed to projecting positive truth from a calm state of mind.) Also, it’s okay if we can’t figure out what to do next; it’s part of the aspect.
The placement of the Sun, Moon, and aspects with Neptune show our current placement in life. Sun in Sagittarius beckons with expansion and emphasis on the inner spiritual journey. Moon in Gemini encourages quick conversations, mental distractions, and the desire to complete many tasks at once. Sun and Moon square Neptune cloud our ability to decipher the right direction and the “real” truth, but we can move through clouds of illusion by focusing on the heart.
Mercury (thought) is in Sagittarius, making the mind move faster and fire many thoughts at one time. It encourages creativity and self-expression. The placement is particularly helpful if we slow down and think about the more important aspects of life like love, caring, and the ability to help through visualization.
Venus (love) is in Capricorn, and love may be a bit cooler for the moment, but we can overcome it by projecting what we want to experience from others—and our capacity to share positive emotions and encouragement. Venus conjuncts (close to) Saturn (karma) in Capricorn gives the opportunity to build new structures and practices that help us to overcome karma. (For example, meditation, exercise, kindness, releasing old emotional patterns.)
Venus and Saturn conjunct (close to) Pluto (subconscious, transformation), which gives the power to pull off transformation. Together, it’s a powerful combination. Saturn can pull us through karma by teaching us to change our approach and find more strength and discipline. Venus teaches us that love for self is a powerful way of altering habits and patterns.
Mars (male energy, assertion) is well placed in Scorpio. It increases our strength, will power, and overall wellbeing, it gives the ability to move through the darkness of obstacles and stay fixed on our inner path. Mars trines (harmonious) Neptune (illusion, mysticism), heightening our inner vision and intuition.
Jupiter (good fortune) trines Uranus (quantum field, sudden change), giving good luck, innovation, and the ability to combine the old and new worlds. Uranus prefers innovation and new approaches to life. Their combined energy is harmonious and beneficial.
- As we move more deeply into the New Age, we’re asked to focus on the inner self and expand our journey into wisdom and true knowing. There are many distractions, and we continue to feel the chaos as indicated by Moon in Gemini and Sun/Moon square Neptune (mysticism, illusion). (We can’t see through the illusion, but we can take the next step on our path.)
- It’s important to use our minds to communicate our knowledge and ideas. We can create expansion in our lives through expression—if we stay focused.
- Venus and Saturn in Capricorn ask us to examine our habits, perceptions, and life direction to make changes through love and discernment. It’s time to actively pursue the soul and its preferred path. Both planets conjunct Pluto (transformation), which can give strength and power in rebuilding our lives.
- Mars is powerful in Scorpio. Our willpower is strengthened in this placement.
- In spiritual work, we continually combine the “old” self of the past and the new self of our dreams and desires. Jupiter trine Uranus boosts our ability to redefine ourselves in an innovative manner.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.
If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.