The Lunar Eclipse occurs in early morning hours on November 8, marking the last full lunar eclipse until 2025. The moon will turn blood red as the moon passes through the earth’s shadow. (A lunar eclipse accompanies the Full Moon.) The Full Moon and Lunar Eclipse deliver dramatic, passionate, emotional energy for the next two weeks. Eclipses involve an exchange of energy–endings, beginnings, and transformation.
The forecast is challenging with many squares (tension) and oppositions (two contrasting/conflicting energies). Over the past few years, we’ve passed through difficult astrological transitions, and the message continually focuses on pursuing peace within the inner self, which is a refuge from chaotic change. On a positive note, Moon and Mars will align with the Pleiades on the night of the eclipse. According to Native American lore, the Pleiades are known as the seven sisters who help with the care of the earth and transmit spiritual knowledge.
Sun (life), Mercury (thought), and Venus (love) are in Scorpio, a water sign representing the scorpion, the eagle, and the phoenix—or seeing life from the earth level, the sky, and transcending limitations as a mystical beast. Scorpio energy heightens intuitive abilities, emotions, and sometimes the strangeness in life.
Sun (life) in Scorpio conjuncts Mercury and Venus. Sun conjunct Mercury (mind) strengthens the mind and aids with communication. Sun conjunct Venus (love, abundance, partnerships) gives a light-hearted feeling, which can increase income, benefit relationships, and aid with artistic expression.
Moon (emotions) in Taurus, an earth sign, is practical, stable, and interested in the outer world. Moon opposes Mercury (thought) interferes with emotional/physical balance and harmony. Logic and emotions are at odds, and we move between the two, often without finding practical answers. Moon opposition Venus (love) increases the need for appreciation and affection.
Moon conjunct Uranus (sudden change, quantum field) is a volatile aspect, igniting impulsive actions and rebellion. With this aspect, the challenge lies in observing erratic, impulsive emotions while focusing on stability and grounding. (Emotions are not always real; they come and go like waves.) Moon conjunct North Node asks for a clear look at the future through the quiet voice of intuition—and to overcome the fleeting nature of negative moods, emotions, and feelings.
Mercury (thought, communications) sits in Scorpio, activating the ability to unravel mysteries and to look deeply at patterns, situations, and other people. It heightens perception and depth of the mind. Mercury conjunct Venus helps with communication of love through words, bringing openness and clarity of expression.
Venus (love, partnerships) in Scorpio is passionate, jealous, and emotional. Venus trine Jupiter (expansion, good luck) is a very special aspect, increasing our ability to see the potential in life and offering expansion of relationships, work, and creative processes.
Mars (assertiveness, male) in Gemini is retrograde, slowing motion and action in life. It increases the tendency to overthink. It asks for reevaluation of beliefs, strong thoughts, and truth. Mars square Jupiter (expansion, good luck) increases optimism, particularly with the pursuit of dreams. Mars trine Saturn (limitation, karma) aids with following passions and desires. Mars square Neptune (illusion, mysticism) may cause scattered thoughts and feelings—as well difficulty navigating day-to-day reality.
Squares with Sun/Moon/Mercury/Venus and Saturn
Squares with Saturn (limitation, karma) ask for strength, commitment, and hard work. They often feel frustrating, accompanied by tests of resolve and character.
- Sun (life) square Saturn creates restriction and responsibility. The challenge is persistence and hard work—as well a moving out of procrastination.
- Moon (emotions) brings feelings of restriction and limitation on an emotional level—and may give negative feelings about personal relationships.
- Mercury (thought) square Saturn heightens skepticism and perfectionism. It’s important to interrupt thoughts and/or work with a period of relaxation or meditation. Whenever possible, release critical thoughts and move through projects, which can be finished easily.
- Venus (love, relationships) square Saturn causes feelings of loneliness and a need for love, but the emphasis focuses on giving love and empathy to our existent relationships. It’s important to encourage others, and work to create better communication and understanding.
Sun, Mercury, and Venus Opposite Uranus
The energy of Uranus tends to feel erratic and impulsive, and it prefers the new to the old. It’s important to stay grounded and clear.
- Sun in opposition to Uranus (sudden change, quantum field) urges exploration, new ideas, and excitement. It encourages pursuit of freedom and favors change. It can also cause anxiety and nervousness.
- Mercury (mind) in opposition to Uranus can cause quickly changing plans and small upsets. It brings an erratic mental energy.
- Venus (love) in opposition to Uranus brings chaotic emotions and feelings about relationships. It can also increase instability and difficulties with relationships.
Sun, Mercury, and Venus Trine Neptune
Trines with Neptune are positive, increasing intuitive and creative ability.
- Sun (life) trine Neptune (mysticism, illusion) increases sensitivity and compassion. It increases faith, self-belief, and the ability to purse spiritual goals and insights.
- Mercury (mind) trine Neptune brings a time, which benefits harmonizing the spiritual self with the practical daily self. It’s easier to incorporate rituals and practices such as meditation, positive thought, and spiritual study.
- Venus (love) trine Neptune heightens feelings of love, idealism, and dreams (both night and daydreams). It increases our ability to see and express beauty—and appreciate the beauty of love.
Jupiter (good fortune, expansion) is retrograde in Pisces, which creates creativity, optimism, and connection. It allows connection of spiritual tools and realizations; it connects us in a sea of emotion. Mystical aspects include Jupiter conjunct Neptune (illusion, mysticism), which gives awareness of the unity and light—and Jupiter sextile Pluto (subconscious, transformation), which aligns us with our inner power.
Saturn (limitation, karma) in Aquarius squares Uranus (sudden change) in Taurus, and it speaks of conflicts and divisive feelings between opposing groups. It may also apply to opposing energy of the electronic world and the natural world.
Uranus (sudden change, New Age) sextile Neptune (illusion, mysticism) aids with positive spiritual change. Uranus trine Pluto (subconscious, transformation) heightens the power to create positive change.
- The eclipse occurs on the Scorpio/Taurus axis. Both are fixed signs, drawing attention to fixed patterns and events found within our lives. Eclipses bring change, rearranging the energy of life—often there is a surrender of one state for another. (Our goal is to exchange a lower state or pattern for a higher one.)
- The chart focuses on intense emotion and the need for change. Positive aspects such as Sun, Mercury, and Venus trine Neptune open our spirit to deeper realizations and spiritual growth, which suggests an opportunity to move into greater light.
- Saturn brings struggles and tests. Stay persistent and diligent.
- New ideas, thoughts, and structure move into our consciousness. It’s important to know that they align with our true identity.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path. If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.