The autumn equinox indicates the energetic trend for the next 3 months. It occurs on Saturday, Sept. 22. It’s a beautiful time of year when the Sun moves into Libra, a planet ruled by Venus, that brings beauty, balance, and light.
Overall, the chart presents challenges with a T-square (Sun/Mercury, Saturn and Chiron) and the continuation of the Mars/Uranus square. More importantly, it presents divine guidance and insights through beautiful trines, which give encouragement and mystical help. (For many, life may have felt heavy and/challenging in the past few weeks, but this chart provides energies to rise to the next level of personal/spiritual development.)
The Sun is in the last degrees of Virgo but will soon move into Libra, the sign of balance, beauty, and art. The Sun (life, light) and Mercury (communication) in Libra are conjunct (closely placed), amplifying our ability to access the higher mind through both logic and creativity. Sun trines Mars (action, male), which activates the proper use of physical energy through action, thought, and word. Sun’s square with Saturn (karma) activates motion between our memories and patterns of the past and our desire to create a more positive future. (We’ll move between the 2 states.)
Moon (emotions, inner self) is beautifully placed in Pisces, a water sign. The Moon trines Venus in Scorpio, allowing positive, feminine emotions, which aid in finding the flow in life. Moon sextiles Saturn (the past) and Uranus (sudden change, awakening), bringing together the two aspects of life in synchronous way. Moon conjuncts (close to) Neptune in Pisces, and this heightens the ability to glimpse the unseen world, intensifies night dreams, and increases artistic ability and insight.
Mercury (communications) sits in Libra, encouraging reflection and balance. It trines (harmonious) Mars, encouraging proper, enlightened action that encompasses thought about all sides of problems and issues. Mercury squares (tension) Saturn, asking for consideration of old karmic debts and patterns, which can cloud perception and depth of thought.
Venus (love, relationships) is placed in Scorpio; it intensifies all emotions about relationships of every type. (Passion is wonderful when it is correctly directed.) Venus squares (tension) Mars, increasing the possibility of misunderstandings in relationships and necessitating the pause, generated by clear thought. Venus opposes Uranus (sudden change, awakening), inciting strong thoughts, emotions, and possibly actions based on old patterns – or realizations, which can give grace to recognize and release them. Venus trines (harmonious) Neptune (mysticism, idealism), opening consciousness to ideals and ideas based on intuitively perceived information.
Mars (action, male) sits in Aquarius, emphasizing thought, fixed perceptions, and connection with humanity. Mars squares Uranus (sudden change, awakening), which can accelerate tendencies to act and/or speak strongly about personal beliefs and feelings. It can also teach us to hold back and consider the validity of perpetual responses – and create new perceptions based on universal truth.
Jupiter (good fortune) is in Scorpio, a magnetic, intuitive water sign. In this position, Jupiter urges us to find the truth behind repetitive situations to find good fortune in life. Jupiter trines (harmonious) Neptune, encouraging and accentuating the importance of intuitively seeking answers behind the “veil”. The aspect also gives hope and encouragement to seekers.
Neptune (mysticism, illusion) is beautifully highlighted in this chart. The Moon conjuncts (close) Neptune, intensifying our ability to perceive the mystical world. Venus (love) and Jupiter (good fortune) trine Neptune, indicating our most desirable answers can be found through meditation, beauty, and the contemplation of love. Jupiter (good fortune) and Neptune (mysticism) are sextile Pluto (subconscious). The aspects hint at ease with finding subconscious or hidden truths more easily than usual as we continue on our spiritual quest.
T-Square with Sun/Mercury, Saturn, and Chiron
Sun (life) and Mercury (thought) are opposite Chiron, which encourages looking at old wounds when focusing on improvement in life. Jupiter trines (harmonious) Chiron, creating ease with the process, and Saturn (karma) squares Chiron, indicating the need for more integration of the wounded self. Sun/Mercury square (tension) Saturn, which creates conflict between life/higher mind and patterns/circumstances based on the past. Sun/Mercury square Chiron, pointing to old wounds, which require clearing. Saturn opposes Chiron, intensifying the presence and feelings of the past, which were associated with the initial pain. (Positively speaking, T-squares exert pressure that can lead to clearing blocks and obstacles.)
- Beautiful, feminine energy is exuded through aspects with Moon, Venus, and Neptune. These three feminine planets are placed in water, soothing emotion through spiritual vibrations. Meditation, focusing on angels, and recording dreams can help with attuning to the mystical energies presented in the chart.
- Mars (male) square Uranus (sudden change, awakening) is the aspect, which brought irritated and angry feelings to the surface – and desire for action – throughout the summer. In this chart, it is softened by a trine with the Sun and Mercury. (Sun and Mercury send light and the wisdom of the higher mind to rowdy Mars, lord of action and disputes.)
- A T-square places intense pressure on our consciousness to realize the patterns caused by old wounds and karma. When we realize the truth about the hurt and pain in our past – which is energetic at its root – it’s possible to change how we experience life. This shift provides freedom for growth.
- Neptune (mysticism, idealism) is beautifully placed in the chart. It can connect us to the creative imagination, spiritual ideals, or simply the loveliness of the world.
- The elements (fire, air, water, and earth) are fairly well distributed with a lack of fire, but the energy should feel much better than earlier in the month. The difficulties in the chart are met with equivalent, positive, and spiritual forces. (The universe supports us through the next shift.)
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.