Through the beautiful weather of late fall when trees are loud in color—yet, flowers continue to bloom—the New Moon appears on Sunday, November 15 at 12:05 am.
The New Moon is quieter than the Full Moon when energies are at their height and intensity. This moon phase moves our consciousness into the void, the place between worlds where we can contemplate life and focus our energies for the next cycle. This month’s moon follows Friday the 13th, a day that was once sacred to the goddess, adding to the depth and stillness associated with this phase. (Friday is ruled by Venus, and thirteen represents the void that follows the cycle of the completion indicated by the number 12.)
It’s a feminine moon with eight planets in earth and water, and the forecast brings a slight lift in the current energies, which can often feel heavy and dense. Aspects with Sun, Moon, Jupiter, and Neptune provide a positive boost of energy. (We’re in the last phases of 2020’s heavy and often difficult energy.)
Sun (life), Moon (emotion), and Mercury (communication) in Scorpio intensify deep emotions and increase intuition. Aspects with the Sun and Moon lighten the chart, adding optimism, a gentle flow of peace, and the opportunity for self-expression through art and other media.
Sun and Moon trine Neptune, the planet of illusion and mysticism, which heightens creativity and our ability to step into the unseen world. Sensitivity and emotions are increased. Dreams are particularly important and may reveal spiritual and/or conscious themes
Sun sextile Jupiter (expansion) boosts confidence and brings feelings of happiness and optimism. Sun sextile Moon sextile Jupiter increases positive feelings, clears the mind, and gives alignment with positive side of life. Uranus heightens curiosity, unusual encounters, and creativity. (It also causes difficulty with routine.) Moon sextile Uranus brings unusual encounters, changeable moods, and increased intuition.
Mercury (communications) in Scorpio adds to the overall intensity and gives depth to emotion. However, thoughts tend to lack clarity as Mercury squares (tension) Saturn (limitation), which may cause tension when we oscillate between past memories and the desire to move ahead with a new thoughts and aspirations. There’s also confusion between Mercury (personal mind) and Uranus (the higher mind); their opposition may make it difficult to incorporate larger, universal thoughts into the present moment.
Mars is direct—at last—after 2 ½ months of retrograde, which include heavy feelings and stifled emotions. Frustration, anger, and lack of motivation will slowly lift in the next few weeks, and overall energy will increase. Mars remains square Jupiter (expansion) and Pluto (subconscious, transmutation). Both aspects increase drive for success and desire for achievement, but they are often viewed from the ego’s perspective—as opposed to the good of the “all”. Fortunately, this tendency is softened by Mars in direct position.
Venus (love, relationships) is in Libra, a sign ruling beauty and balance. Venus forms contradictory angles and aspects for next week or so. Venus, opposes Mars (action, energy) in Aries. The aspect intensifies emotions associated with relationships, heightens passion, and can spark anger/frustration. Venus square Jupiter increases the desire for excess, which is reflected in overspending, overeating, and self- Venus square Saturn causes tiredness and a desire to retreat and rest. Venus square Pluto increases tension and intensity in relationships, particularly with the issue of power.
Jupiter (expansion) conjunct Saturn (limitation) expands opportunities and desire for growth. Saturn creates barriers for growth, but Jupiter helps with overcoming them. Actually, it’s a time when dissatisfaction can become positive—if we decide to change. Jupiter sextile Neptune increases harmony and good fortune. Opportunities often appear under this aspect.
Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto continue to affect our lives through COVID, isolation, and the difficulty of the structures in the outer world. Fortunately, it begins to change in January 2021. The energy lingers for some time, but it begins to fade as we move into another cycle of time and energy.
- A slight, positive shift in energy begins with the New Moon. Aspects with Sun and Moon encourage creativity, prayer, and meditation. Sun/Moon trine Neptune places emphasis on dreams, signs, and messages from the unseen world. Intuition is expanded through aspects with Uranus.
- Mercury (thought, communications) is affected by its placement in Scorpio, making it difficult to separate thoughts and emotions. Mercury opposes Uranus (sudden change, quantum field), meaning we travel between the clear thoughts of the higher mind and the static of the lower mind.
- Mars (energy, assertion) is direct, slowly clearing the frustrated feelings of the past few months. Also, our physical energy will increase substantially in the next few weeks. Mars squares Jupiter (expansion) and Pluto (underworld, collective consciousness), which can increase the desire to succeed and/or push forward with goals.
- Venus (feminine, relationships) forms many different aspects in this chart ranging from overly indulgent to intense emotion to the desire to escape from life. (I imagine we’ll experience the many influences over the next week or so.)
- Jupiter (expansion) conjuncts Saturn (limitation, karma). Although Saturn is associated with karma, it can also act as the teacher. It creates hurdles and blocks, which build skills that are necessary for success. Jupiter enlarges these skills, giving optimism and drive to create a new and better life.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.
If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.