The New Moon appears on November 4 at 5:16 pm ET, and it brings a great deal of mystical energy. It is an intense lunation with Sun, Moon, and Mars closely placed in Scorpio. Sun (outer life), Moon (inner self, emotions), and Mars (action, assertion) are placed in Scorpio, the sign that rules birth, death, and sex—all different forms of transformation. Scorpio delivers psychic perception, magnetism, intelligence, passion, and determination.
The New Moon chart heralds a time of change and transcendence of limiting aspects in life. A great deal of energy comes from Sun/Moon opposition with Uranus, which can open our consciousness to the need for authenticity. (Awakening usually grants this information, and action creates it. Inspiration for action is implied in these aspects.)
Sun, Moon, and Mercury (communication) conjunct Mars, heightening the desire for action and change. Sun, Moon, and Mars (action) oppose Uranus, known as the wildcard as it rules the quantum field and/or erratic change. Uranus can also bring about deep awakening and gestalt understanding of new energies, brilliant thoughts, or nervousness. Sun (outer life), Moon (emotions), Mercury (communications) and Mars (action) square Saturn (time, limitation), indicating the need to overcome misperceptions and mistakes from the past—or simply apply wisdom to mitigate karma.
Sun and Moon trine Neptune (exaltation, imagination, mystical) in Pisces, increasing the magnetic power of emotion in everyone. Neptune rules imagination, the sea, and the mystical; it can also indicate the awakening of hope and new dreams.
Mercury (communications) in Libra is balanced, artistic, and harmonious. Mercury trines (harmonious) Jupiter (good fortune), bringing optimism and good news. Mercury square Pluto (underworld, transformation) heightens the ability to understand hidden aspects of the psyche. It also intensifies feelings and emotions when we interact with others.
Venus is on the last degree of Sagittarius, moving into Capricorn on November 5, and it’s not a perfect place for this planet. Venus in Capricorn brings a strange equation of strong and suppressed emotion, which can bubble to the surface in strange ways. With this placement, there’s an opportunity to build structure in relationships, but it’s also more difficult to correctly convey emotion from the heart. (Venus moves into retrograde, remaining in Capricorn for four months.)
Mars (action) in Scorpio is intense, moving from the depth of hidden emotion to strong expression. Mars’ squares with Saturn and Pluto causes conflict through the desire to push and achieve while feeling blocked and/or defensive. Mars square Saturn (limitation) may feel like unknown resistance to our inner desires. Mars square Pluto increases the desire for success and power.
Saturn (karma, time) in Aquarius squares Uranus (change) in Taurus, creating a push/pull effect between the old/new in the outer world and personal worlds.
- The New Moon will provide a great deal of energy—particularly emotional energy. When we feel emotion intensely, it’s important to think about changing our lives in a positive sense and meditating on universal love. It’s also helpful to know emotions are like waves; they rise and fall.
- Take time to dream and imagine wonderful things, but keep them in perspective. When thinking about dreams and desires, consider the time and energy needed to put them into physical form. (Aspects with Neptune can cause lack of realism and a bit of escapism.)
- Aspects with Uranus encourage new expression and individualism, and aspects with Saturn restrict its expression. Use the energy to visualize your desired life with fewer constraints and limitations. The process of creation provides the “how”.
- Awakened individuals will become more intuitive and psychic with the passage of the New Moon. The placement of the planets and aspects with Neptune expand our mystical qualities. (Make notes and listen to your inner voice.)
- The chart increases the desire for success, action, and power. Use it wisely.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.