Image by KD Shutterman
The full moon appears on Sunday, August 22 at 8:02 am ET.
The full moon is called a Blue Moon because it’s the second full moon within a month. It’s quite interesting because this is the 2nd Leo Sun/Aquarius Full Moon in August. Leo is the heart, and Aquarius represents the group initiation. Perhaps, we are learning how to express our heart’s truth as an individual or on a group level. Either way, it’s important because the language of the heart brings both light and truth.
Manifestation is the key note of the chart, and there are aspects that block and support it. There are eight trines, which are very positive. (Think of the triangle and how it represents harmony.) Four oppositions are in the chart, which can cause the experience of floating between two opposing desires or beliefs. (Oppositions are 180 degrees apart – think of left and right or black and white.)
Sun opposition Jupiter (good fortune) suggests our new and creative ideas are not quite ready to put into form. There’s pressure within the chart to make changes, but we should probably wait a bit longer. When Sun opposes Jupiter, we lack wind in our sails. We need to pause until the landscape changes before moving into our desires. (We can dream and meditate, but it’s best to wait on action.) Moon (emotion) conjuncts (close to) Jupiter (expansion, good luck), and the aspect can bring good fortune and positive events. (Yes, it’s a bit of a contradiction.)
Mercury (mind) is placed in Virgo, a sign that increases precision and attention to detail. Mercury conjuncts (close to) Mars (action), which can give life to projects through mental focus and right action. Mercury (communications, mind) trines Uranus (sudden change, quantum field), which can give great insight and brilliant ideas. Mercury opposes Neptune (mysticism, illusion), which can cloud our thoughts or impose mental confusion. Mercury (mind) trines Pluto, which allows access to hidden resources and gifts, which are discerned through the mental plane.
Venus (love, beauty) is placed in Libra, the sign of balance, beauty, and art. Venus trines Saturn (karma), which can give success, strength, and structure to our creations as well as physical appearance. The aspect also aids with stability and alignment with the earth. Venus trine North Node expands our ability with the law of attraction. It’s an excellent time to attract people who can improve our life.
Mars in Virgo places attention on work and detailed tasks. Mars (action) trines Uranus (sudden change, quantum field), which adds in creating change and new endeavors. Mars opposes Neptune (mysticism, idealism), and the aspect encourages time alone spent in spiritual pursuits. The illusory qualities of Neptune may interfere with the achievement of our dreams. Mars trines Pluto (subconscious, hidden resources, transformation), which gives strength for success and achievement.
Jupiter (expansion) and Saturn (limitation, structure, karma) are in Aquarius. Saturn trines North Node, which can bring success and stability. Saturn squares (tension) Uranus (sudden change, quantum field), heightening the split regarding beliefs and the expression of thoughts. Uranus in Taurus can refer to the earth and many seasonal/weather changes taking place at this time.
Uranus (change, quantum field) trines Pluto (underworld, transformation). The aspect gives a feeling of restlessness and/or dissatisfaction with particular aspects of life. It can create a positive transformation It basically asks for insights about the self and the way that we live life. From this point, we can change the aspects of our lives into a higher form.
- We’ll experience the Full Moon energies for 7-10 days. It’s a wonderful time to prepare, focus, and plan manifestations. It’s probably not time to show them to the world.
- With Sun in Leo and Moon in Aquarius, it’s important to speak from the heart and value our personal truths.
- There are huge forces such as Mercury and Mars trine Pluto, Venus trine Saturn, and Saturn trine North Node, which ask for creation of new ideas and presentation of this creativity in the world. Sun (life) in opposition to Jupiter (good fortune) interferes and delays the expression of the positive ideas and energy.
- Mercury (mind) and Mars (energy, action) in opposition clouds our thoughts and limits our actions. Mercury (mind) in Virgo gives excellent focus and concentration with projects. Venus in Libra helps in seeing the beauty of the world as well as feeling deeper love and appreciation in relationships.
- There are contrasting and opposing energies throughout the chart, but we also experience them in life. Whenever we move between 2 ideas or impulses, we are working to find our personal truth. Perhaps, the challenge of the chart lies in a greater discovery of the inner self–and manifesting a new future from this point.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.