Although tiny flowers, crocus and hyacinths, appear in the deep south, it sometimes snows in February—and the Full Snow Moon appears on Wednesday, February 16. The Full Moon intensifies energy, including the tides, the growth of plants, emotions, and desires. Think of it as the high tide or cresting waves of planetary energy and life that affects the earth, oceans, and all of nature.
It’s an excellent forecast with several strong messages. All planets are direct—perfect timing for pursuit of goals and dreams. (Success comes more easily if we make an effort.) Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Leo urge the type of self-expression that comes from the heart and benefits humanity. Obviously, it’s only possible when we speak through the inner self; however, sharing our talents and gifts without ego is part of the equation. Do it from the heart–or not at all.
Mercury (communication, electronics, thought) in Aquarius speeds the transmission of thought, heightens communications, and asks for stretching with out-of-the-box answers and solutions. Mercury squares Uranus (sudden change, quantum field), causing excitement and change with daily routines, opening the mind to new perceptions, and increasing nervousness. (It’s important to rest and avoid meetings, which cause pressure or anxiety.) Mercury trines Pluto (underworld, transformation), giving insight into the workings of energy, the true reasons behind other people’s actions, and insights into our subconscious—or a ride into the deeper side of life.
Venus and Mars are in Capricorn. Venus in Capricorn enhances creativity and sense of structure, particularly with artistic endeavors. Partners are valued for security, faithfulness, and loyalty. Mars in Capricorn is exalted, increasing our ability to complete tasks and prepare for the future. The placement is passionate and ardent. Venus (feminine, beauty, love) and Mars (male, assertion, passion) are conjunct or close, which heightens romance and passion for two months, rather than the normal 10 or so days. Venus and Mars will dance together and apart during the two-month conjunction.
Emphasis on romance, passion, and the opposite sex is exciting, much more so than the forecast in recent months. It offers a time to deepen and improve relationship as well as the energy needed to create a new relationship. Beyond this, the conjunction offers insights into what we want and how we want to grow in relationships, including balance between yin/yang and the two sides of the self. (It’s definitely about growth and greater understanding of love, passion, assertion, and magnetism.)
Increase of Intuition & Interest in Spiritual Matters
Venus and Mars trine Uranus (sudden change, quantum field). Venus trine Uranus heightens intuition, expression of inner thoughts, and creativity. It may create changes in relationships because the urge is to communicate in new ways, which are more direct, and to deepen abilities related to self-expression. Mars trine Uranus gives strong instincts about new adventures and endeavors. It heightens passion and helps with taking small risks to create change.
Venus and Mars sextile Neptune (mysticism, idealism). Venus sextile Neptune increases our awareness of inspiration, beauty, and ecstasy of the natural world. Mars sextile Neptune creates attraction for others who have a spiritual interest, motivates a desire to serve others, and offers a wonderful time for acting on creative expression.
Jupiter (expansion, good fortune) is in Pisces, a placement of exaltation that bestows optimism and light heartedness. Jupiter sextile Uranus (quantum field, sudden change) gives the desire for changes, excitement, and departure from routine. It’s also a time of unexpected opportunities when risks are actually supportive.
Neptune sextile Pluto encourages our focus on spirituality, mysticism, and inner growth, particularly the emotional aspect of awakening. It encourages devotion to spiritual practices and development of forgiveness, love, and understanding. It offers a way of rewriting our life story with deep compassion for the self and greater knowledge of the universe.
- All planets are direct. It’s a good time to take action and pursue desires.
- Sun in Aquarius places our attention on humanitarian efforts, independence, and out-of-the-box solutions. Moon is placed in Leo, which is ruled by the sun. Leo’s emphasis is on the heart, self-expression, fun, and romance. Speak from the heart and feel what you say. Make your words count.
- Love and relationships are in the spotlight with a two month long conjunction between Venus (feminine) and Mars (male). Moon in Leo asks us to speak more readily from the heart.
- Aspects with Mercury (communication) ask us to dig deeply into our understanding of energy by finding the truth behind our actions and the actions of others. It’s more about perception than compassion as Mercury trine Pluto (underworld, reveals what lies beneath the surface. Ask to see it and know it.)
- Intuition is amplified by Venus/Mars trine Uranus (sudden change, quantum field) and Venus/Mars sextile Neptune (mysticism, idealism). Use it wisely. Begin with small steps to follow new leads from the inner self. NOTE: Wait another week or two on stressful meetings. Mars trine Uranus can create stress.
- Changes lie on the horizon. Many of us feel them. Jupiter (good fortune) sextile Uranus (sudden change, quantum field) asks for departure from routine. Small risks and bold moves are supported at this time. Neptune sextile Pluto asks us for a deeper focus on spirituality and devotion. It’s where real and true answers reside.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path. If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.