In metaphysics, we’re taught to pay attention to the heart and the inner voice when life is smooth—and when it is turbulent. By paying attention to the moment, we can observe life and deepen our connection because life moves in patterns of up and down—the sensation of duality. Dealing with oscillation, which occurs within our emotions and thoughts, is part of moving to a higher level.
If we can observe the motion by connecting with our inner self, we progress on our spiritual path.
Connecting with the Higher Self
1) Believe in your power to connect with the infinite “good”, which is sometimes known as the akashic field. It is larger than you, holds the answers, and can connect you into a wonderful place. It’s linked with your inner power to change your life. (Changes do not always come as you wish, but they do always create a better life for you.)
2) Recall times of connection when life flowed into place, and you felt a marvelous energy lifting you above your “normal” experiences. When you are in this place, you locate new answers, people react differently, and the process of life takes on new meaning. There is a sensation of fulfillment. (You don’t have to find it “now.” Simply meditating on the feeling can bring in a change.)
3) Meditate outdoors. Nature feels the connection and amplifies it because she is in harmony with the divine. It’s particularly beautiful when the trees and wind move with your breath. It brings a lovely, peaceful feeling.
4) Visualize what you want to experience as opposed to what you don’t want. It’s human nature to focus on the negative which only creates more of the undesirable. It’s fun to think of yourself as a superman/woman with the power to shift the direction of life from negative to positive. It’s possible to alter your life through visualization–and to bring your dreams into physical form.by focusing on the feeling of your soul (happiness, joy, comfort) and project this into the present and the future. Your soul knows what you should experience and feel. Besides, few things feel better than this.
5) The last step is a bit different. All of these exercises alter your frequency to a higher place, but you can also become totally present. You can put your awareness in your body, observe your thoughts and feelings, and give thanks for the human experience.
Everything on earth passes through cycles. We feel highs and lows as well as positives and negatives. When we accept this as the human experience, it often fades away. It’s also helpful to learn when your lower emotions and thoughts pass through your consciousness. When you understand the catalyst, the length of time, and cycle, patterns change more quickly and take on a new, higher form.
Mastering Highs and Lows
1) When life moves easily, it’s helpful to expand the energy outwardly into the present and the near future. It’s also helpful to “see” good things for others and project a better, happier world. (Scientific experiments prove “seeing” good for others brings healing and positive energy into our lives.)
2) When the emotional/mental waves are low, it’s helpful to know they pass more quickly when we take time to tap into the spiritual self. We can replace lower thoughts with positive thoughts; we can substitute a positive emotion for a lower one. (We do this by meditating on peace, harmony, joy, or the feeling of a higher vibration.) We can send pink light (love) to the lower self, which feels the emotion.
3) The inner self always has a vision of a beautiful life, and angels are always around us. The “invisible” world (or quantum field) is said to be more real than visible world. It answers when we call on it—and when we’re ready to change.
4) Higher or lower feelings are not always real. Part of our response to life is our interpretation. It can come as a habitual reaction, a misinterpretation of energy, or the need to break a pattern. We often encounter patterns when moving to a higher level. This has more to do with us than the situation. In general, patterns are repetitive. (It’s wise before responding,) When we release patterns, we become free of specific events in life.
5) When we observe a thought or emotion, it becomes quieter. The inner dialog of the lower self becomes still because only the inner self can observe. The inner self generates positive emotions and thoughts. It delivers peaceful answers. By putting our consciousness in this place, life changes.
Questions can help.
In this time of rapid change, we feel our thoughts as well as the thoughts of others. We can clear our energy from mass consciousness or the energy of other people. We can meditate and visualize a different reality. Learning how to clear the thoughts and feelings of others is part of awakening.
1) Ask if an emotion is repetitive. Ask where it’s stored in the body? What is it expressing–an emotion, thought, or belief from an old event or a lack of belief in the self? Send light to the part of you that feels the emotion. Ask if the emotion can transform into a higher form.
2) Ask if the emotion or thought is yours. Does it come from another person? Is it related to mass consciousness? Can you vibrate above it?
3) Is your feeling intuitive? Does it come from reading energy from yourself, the future, or someone else? Can you change the energy? Can you send light to it or soften it?
Many teachings speak of “low” and “high” points as storms and rainbows. We think storms are difficult, and rainbows signal a time of abundance. Both are part of the path of life. Beyond the illusion, there is a specific perfection. If we remain on the journey, we find (and become) the light.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path. If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.