1) Begin with a positive and courageous attitude. It doesn’t matter if you tried and failed in the past. Your perseverance coupled with practice will change your life. In time, you’ll recognize patterns of lower emotion and thought. You’ll transcend them with positive imagery and thought. The beliefs will alter with practice. (It’s good to know this is a particularly good time for creative change. The planets and New Year support it. Many people are awakening and changing at this time, and their energy lends support with your efforts.)
2) When you have a wonderful day and/or a successful practice, compliment yourself. Notice your good work. Notice how you feel. In time, this will help you to discern when you are/are not connected. This teaches volumes about connection with your heart. Build yourself up for making the effort. (If you miss one day, compliment yourself for the previous six days of practice.)
3) Whether or not you feel connected in meditation, believe it is working. Every time you practice meditation, you are literally collecting energy and light. The energy builds over time. Trust in the effort. An opportunity for change will come if you stay with the practice.) Believe the universe is working with you.
4) Everyone has created a big, positive change—at least once. Travel through your memories and choose one of these times to revisit. Relive the memory and feel the burst of resolve and courage, which resulted in accomplishment. You can use this energy again (simply by remembering it.)
5) Do work with your intuitions. Intuitions can be grouped into areas–true and false. Keep a list. Refrain from acting on the “false” intuitions, and act more on the “true” list. (It’s important to know you will receive new intuitions and dreams whenever you reach a higher energy level. It takes time to discern true from false—and the same is true with dreams.)
6) Spend time with people on a higher energy level. Find friends who encourage you and believe in you. When others see the good in you, you feel and believe it. (You don’t discuss your manifestation, but you do enjoy the friendship.)
7) Raise your vibrations by listening to lectures or meditations by teachers on a higher level and/or reading spiritual works. It’s good to read a few spiritual words before bed and visualize awakening in a rested state. (If you experienced a turbulent day, you can actually see everything as better in 48 hours. It usually works.)
If you truly practice visualization, you’ll learn how to project positive energy. You’ll learn to change your inner visuals of negativity to the positive, and you can do it for others. More importantly, you’ll find the sensation of your inner self, which always sees life in a very different and more perfect way.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.