Loving yourself is quite a feat—particularly if you do it in the right way. Like all things worth having, it requires repetition, patience, and devotion. Self-love deserves the effort because life mirrors and expands your love in wonderful ways.
Love is the most expansive force in the Universe. In alchemy, it is said that love is the universal solvent. It dissolves everything into its original nature, which is love. When all else fails, turn to love. Love is the opposite of fear. When we move into love, we raise our vibrations to a frequency that fear and chaos cannot touch or disturb.
It is the substance that underlies the composition of every particle of matter in the Universe. The true source of all is love, which can never fail us if we petition it with our heart, mind, soul, and body. It is by walking through love and opening our hearts that we will find the way.
- Begin with a practice of making a list of 10 qualities you like about yourself. Read it daily and reflect on these qualities.
- Send pink light (love) to yourself when you look in the mirror. Send pink light to the parts of your body that you don’t like. (They will improve. I promise.)
- Devote part of your life to your personal happiness by taking 10 minutes to meditate and 20-30 minutes to exercise. Spend 30 minutes relaxing each day in whatever way is best for you.
- Break patterns and focus on work (or problems) with 10 minutes of seeing your life differently, then come back to loving yourself. (You’re here for a purpose, and you’re awakening. That’s good!)
- Pay attention to the times of day when you feel tired. Take a brief walk, rest, and/or find a way to alter your energy and attention. Thank yourself for doing this.
- Listen to your inner self and take one action based on intuition. (You can also call on your angels and/or guides. Ask for a simple, easy action.)
- Love yourself when you have a problem–or send pink light to it. Love is a higher vibration that gives insights–and can eventually change a pattern and/or problem.
- When you complete any of these tasks, smile. Take a moment to feel proud and pleased.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.
If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.