Blue Moon, Blood Moon, Super Moon, and Eclipse appears on Wednesday, January 31, and it has many names and energies. The lunar eclipse will take place at 9:07 am, and we’ll feel the energy for several weeks. (A lunar eclipse is essentially a reset, a motion into darkness, followed by light.(The eclipse may also stir up patterns and/or longings from last summer’s solar eclipse.) All full moons carry the energetic blueprint of fruition, germination, and realization of dreams. A Blue Moon is simply 2 full moons in one month, and a super moon is closer to the earth than usual. At any rate, it’s all powerful!
There is definitely a magical, beneficial energy associated with the moon. Think of extra light permeating through the darkness, bringing additional illumination. That’s part of what this moon can do, and it’s definitely important to believe in our power to make dreams come true.
The Blue Moon Chart presents both challenges and benevolent energy. Moon (inner self, emotions) trines Mars (male, assertion), which harmonizes feelings and actions. Jupiter (expansion, good fortune) trines Neptune (mysticism, illusion), energizing our hopes and dreams in a positive sense. Saturn (karma) and Uranus (new age) are trine, increasing our ability to combine the old and new (worlds).
The Blue Moon conveys an equation of rewriting the past, letting go of unwanted aspects of life, and putting the two together in a new form. (Of course, the new form is “life”.) The major aspects of the chart fall in fixed signs, indicating the aspects of the self that are strongly anchored in belief, habit, and feeling. (In general, fixed signs have difficulty altering their point of view.)
Here are the major points of interest:
- Much of the chart revolves around fixed signs of Aquarius, Leo, and Scorpio. Sun (outer self), Moon (inner self, emotions), Venus (love, material goods), and Jupiter (good fortune). (Fixed signs tend not to express flexibility or openness to change. They do convey both loyalty and patience.) However, this chart is about finding flexibility and openness with parts of the self, others, and the world.
- Sun (outer life) and Venus (love, material goods) in Aquarius are conjunct, heightening our interest in the New Age, which opens the mind and spirit to both new techniques and possibilities. However, Moon (emotions) is placed in the fire sign of Leo.
- Moon (emotion) opposes (is opposite) Venus (feminine, love). Our emotions will run “hot”, but Venus in Aquarius is detached. The issue brings up the importance of feeling emotion, but expressing them in a way that brings communion and connection (Venus in Aquarius). It’s quite an equation.
- Moon trines (harmonious) Mars (action, male) in Sagittarius, a fire sign. Previously, Mars in Scorpio felt emotional and steamy, but Mars in Sagittarius moves life along at a faster pace. The trine will help in taking action to create and realize goals.
- Sun, Moon, and Venus square Jupiter in Scorpio. Jupiter (expansion) in Scorpio is all about passion and achieving the heart’s desires. Squares can cause tension or feelings of frustration. In this case, the assignment is to discover how we block our desires through how we live our life (Sun), the expression of our emotions (Moon), and how we love and/or define love (Venus).
- Mercury (communications) squares Uranus (higher mind, quantum field), so our intuition will not be completely clear. Likely, we’ll receive hints about changing lives or strong feelings about the future. But we won’t get a clear read.
- Obviously, it’s not a crystal clear chart. Many aspects hint at how to merge parts of the outer self for greater connection and unity. But there’s also a mystery, a feeling of where to go–without clear directions. In spiritual work, this is considered “good” because it causes us to look within for answers that are not evident in the outer world.
Julia Griffin, intuitive healer and owner of One True Self, began her work fifteen years ago under the tutelage of real wolves. Following their direction, Julia sees and reads energy, including animals, plants and people. She works with people in session to find their resonance with the soul, clearing patterns and alignment with their inner path.
If you would like to seek additional spiritual change and insight into your life, please contact me for information about an intuitive session.